Monday, March 19, 2012
Saving and loading implemented, now most important task is terrain generation. I have 3 perlin noise class and couple generation functions. I am trying for cool looking terrain with mountains, interesting caves and so on. Its not easy and now I am a bit stuck.
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Monday, March 12, 2012
What's new in version 0.2.1:
- Added smooth camera.
- Fixed bug where at position -0 block was indestructible. It occurred due transformation form float to int and for example -0.5 became just 0.
- Saving and loading world from hard disk drive.
Now what left is some menu updates to support loading and saving, different world saving and game will be ready for early alpha testing for public.
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
So today update is about infinity world generation.
Game generates infinity world in both sides. Its all generated in memory so if you wander to far its starts to lag a bit, it will be fixed when I will add save load features.
Monday, March 5, 2012
Sunday, March 4, 2012
Some updates for game:
- Improved GUI: now shows how many blocks you have, what block you selected.
- Added inventory: press 'e' to show inventory, you can arrange blocks how you want.
- Added background. Its more darker than front.
Now working on main menu system and maybe saving and loading features. Youtube video:
Whats new in this version of game:
- New textures. Looks better then old ones.
- New blocks. Grass, bricks, wood, leaves, and gray block.
- HUD. Player now can select what block he wants to create.
- Limitations. Player can build and destroy block which are near him, and he cannot create block in player position.
Hello again, so whats new in this build:
- Added grass block. It is always generated on top of terrain. Later I will add grass growing (when dirt exposed to sun) and grass decay when something is build on top of it.
- Added stone block. Now with stone is filled gaps in terrain, later I will improve terrain generation and stone will be found more deeply.
- Tweaked generated terrain. Now its all filled without gaps. Gaps will be added later when cave will be introduced.
Hello I am creating a new game. Yes, its one of minecraft 2d, terraria type games. I dont want to make a clone, but I very like block mechanics, random generated world, and crafting. I dont know yet how my game will be different, but it will be, I have couple of ideas. No multiplayer now, it will be to difficult to implement for me, maybe later if I feel I can do it. I need to come up with name. I thinking something with Stickman. So what is implemented:
- Player. I am bad at artwork so its stickman. It can move and jump. Have move and jump animation.
- Random generated world. Added perlin noise and with it I am trying to generate some basic 2d landscape. Its not perfect but in right direction.
Next I will try add block creation and destruction.
Small youtube video of current build: