Monday, March 19, 2012
Saving and loading implemented, now most important task is terrain generation. I have 3 perlin noise class and couple generation functions. I am trying for cool looking terrain with mountains, interesting caves and so on. Its not easy and now I am a bit stuck.
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Monday, March 12, 2012
What's new in version 0.2.1:
- Added smooth camera.
- Fixed bug where at position -0 block was indestructible. It occurred due transformation form float to int and for example -0.5 became just 0.
- Saving and loading world from hard disk drive.
Now what left is some menu updates to support loading and saving, different world saving and game will be ready for early alpha testing for public.
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
So today update is about infinity world generation.
Game generates infinity world in both sides. Its all generated in memory so if you wander to far its starts to lag a bit, it will be fixed when I will add save load features.
Monday, March 5, 2012
Sunday, March 4, 2012
Some updates for game:
- Improved GUI: now shows how many blocks you have, what block you selected.
- Added inventory: press 'e' to show inventory, you can arrange blocks how you want.
- Added background. Its more darker than front.
Now working on main menu system and maybe saving and loading features. Youtube video: